King under the Mountain
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
King under the Mountain is a simulation-based settlement-building strategy game set in a fantasy world. Players take charge of a group of settlers founding a new colony, planning out work to be done and designing the rooms and structures that make up a burgeoning society. The focus is on having a deep simulation of characters and their behaviour as well as the world and environment they inhabit.
Please note this game is in Early Access - most features are missing and bugs are to be expected. Check out the development roadmap to see upcoming features. As a thank you to early adopters, this early Itch.io edition will also grant you a Steam key once King under the Mountain launches on Steam (this will be provided at a later date). You'll also be getting the cheapest price as the cost will increase once the game is ready to launch on Steam. If you'd prefer to wait for a more feature-complete version to become available, you can wishlist it on Steam here.
Key features of the Alpha:
- A deeply-simulated world built with procedural generation
- Mod-friendly engine
- Play it your way - expand and explore peacefully, or raid your neighbours for fame and fortune!
Key features for later in development:
- Play as dwarves, humans or orcs, each with radically different playstyles
- Send squads of heroes on dungeon-crawling adventures to other maps
- Player-driven content - explore and raid the maps of other players!
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Author||Rocket Jump Technology|
|Tags||City Builder, Fantasy, Procedural Generation, Real time strategy, Relaxing, Sandbox|
|Average session||About an hour|
|Links||Steam, Homepage, Blog, Twitter|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $20 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- December 2020 Update - Alpha 5 initial release31 days ago
- November 2020 Update - Alpha 4 Complete!61 days ago
- October 2020 Update - Alpha 4 Release90 days ago
- The "Game's Not Dead" sorry for the delay UpdateOct 16, 2020
- June 2020 UpdateJun 29, 2020
- May 2020 UpdateMay 30, 2020
- February 2020 UpdateMar 08, 2020
- January 2020 UpdateJan 26, 2020